Database Manager v2.1a
A short description:
Manage your databases easily!
This tool will support you in your database management activities for dBase-compatible tables, especially if
you are a user of Vista Software's Apollo Database engine or the Advantage TDataSet descendant!
An excerpt of supported functions:
- Table creation
- generates table creation source code for
- BDE engine
- Apollo driver
- Advantage driver
- converts between Windows and DOS charset
- XML export of tables for easy, standardized data exchange
- also creates tables from XML files
- table encryption
- packing tables (permanent removes "deleted" (hidden) records)
- supports deletion, adding, editing and converting database records
- displays table statistics
- displays and prints table structure
- displays index keys and orders
- changing of active index order
- undeletion of individual or groups of records
- supports Clipper-, FoxPro-, and HiPer-SIx indexes
- and more!
The Database Manager also comes with a level-access system so that you can give it to your users and still lock some of the critical functions from them.
Important: the default installation of the Database Manager already protects certain features from being
displayed or operational. Please see the installed ReadMe file for the preconfigured password to "unlock" them.
Download the Database Manager:
Filename: DataMan.EXE (self-installing executable)
File size: 834 k
Last update: Dec 23, 2001
Find the "ideal" download location by doing a FTP search: the latest versions of DataMan.* should be listed at the top.
This program is Freeware which means that no money is charged for it -
feel free to use it on as many computers you want.
The Delphi source code of this program is not included, but separately available for
$125.00 - if you are interested, you can use one of the following methods to purchase it: *)
Please don't forget to add the following amount to your payment:
- Just click on the animation to the left and fill out your registration form
(or here if you want to upgrade your sourcecode to the latest version for $69.00)
- by REGULAR MAIL - simply send your registration fee to my address (which is listed in the helpfile).
This is my preferred method since I will receive the fee without deductions by the regservice - that's why I can even offer
you a discount of $5.00 if you are using this method for your registration (see beyond). Don't worry about sending cash in the mail, just fold it
into a sheet of paper so that no one can see the money through the envelope.
- by CHECK - just fill in the ONLINE registration form, print it out and mail it along with a check in US Dollars to:
RegSoft Check Processing Dept., 9625 West 76th Street, Suite 150, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 USA
(not to me!).
- by PHONE - click here
to find out about the secure way to register by phone, via toll-free call.
- by FAX - fill in the ONLINE registration form
(or download it as .RTF/.DOC file), print it out and FAX
it to the number 1.800.886.6030 (Toll-Free, US & Canada only), +1 208.279-3837 (International) or (0870)132.248 (United Kingdom).
- by EMAIL - email the information directly to Registrations@RegSoft.com.
The above listed fees are just to cover my own expenses.
Please understand that I can't send you the sources if you don't add these few bucks.
- +$ 5.00 if you need the source code on a floppy disk by regular mail
- -$ 5.00 (a discount!) if you send your payment by regular mail
*) does not include a license to the Apollo database driver (Apollo 5 suggested, but not forcedly required;
a Delphi 3-version of the source code (state Nov-98) is also included in the source code package.
We are highly interested in your thoughts and suggestions.
Database Manager Discussion
Please tell us your ideas for features you'd like to see, for
improvements which could make using the Database Manager even easier, about
problems/bugs you found or if you simply have questions
regarding the current program version or the purchase of the source code (no guarantees, however, it's just a Freeware tool. ;-)
Here is a screenshot of the Database Manager.