Delphi WWW Sites
Delphi FTP sites
Delphi Tips, Tricks & Docs
Delphi Tools & Updates
Delphi Information resources
Delphi User Groups
Delphi Job Offers
- Borland's list of "Additional Delphi Tools and Components"
Converting apps to/from Delphi:
- Clipper Functions for Delphi (commercial)
- Argos by QBSS, a Clipper -> Delphi - Converter
- Migrating Applications to Delphi 2.0
- JavaDelphi Convert your Delphi source code to Java !
- "When VBA's Not Good Enough" ZDNet article about DOC->HTML conversion via OLE including project source
- VB to Delphi Converter VB to Delphi Converter by Tim Gathercole
- C header to Pascal converter by Alex Staubo
- DAO access from Delphi try these tips on a non-critical PC first
Graphics, Glyphs, Images, Design:
- TGIFImage by Anders Melander - Freeware w/src!
- TGIFImage by Reinier Sterkenburg - Freeware w/src; D1-comp.
Both guys did a great job on the Delphi community by publishing these freeware units with Source, they even
display animated GIFs - thanks to both of you!
- Resource-Grabber Grab glyphs,icons,pictures,strings,Delphi forms,...from other programs!
This powerful tool will scan your computer and extract all kinds of graphics (Glyphs,button images,icons,cursors,JPG's,AVI videos,..),
sound files (WAVE,RMI) and other stuff (fonts,forms,strings,dialogs,..) it finds inside the programs and DLL files in any directory of your choice.
Forget painting all that stuff by yourself; forget hours of searching for Windows-compatible button layouts...
simply use the images that are already on your computer!
- Resource-Workshop not the original RWS of Borland, but a czech alternative
- ImageLib powerful imaging and multimedia component library for Delphi
- efg's Lab very useful pages about Image processing by Earl Glynn
- my Delphi WWW Sites page contains a number of links about OpenGL, DirectX etc.
Setup and Installation Tools:
- INF-Tool - our own award-winning alternative to huge and/or
complicated, expensive installation programs which creates today's smallest setup packages possible
for an unbeatable price: INF-Tool Lite is FREE!! Great especially for Internet or common network distribution
since it saves download times drastically. Integrated support for 6 (!) various distribution methods,
self-extracting "Single EXE" distribution, disk-spanning (allows safer downloads via splitted packages or
multi-disk distribution), digital signing and all the features required for typical setup programs - along
with support for a total of 27 (!) languages! Please click the link for a detailled feature-matrix.
- InstallShield well-known installation tool (also on your Delphi-CD, creating HUUUGE packages..)
- PackageForTheWeb also by InstallShield, creates 1-file-installation archives
- Ice (formerly known as Youseful) setup tool with Delphi integration
- Wise Installation System good installation tool
- InnoSetup a free, script-based installation tool
- QSC GP Install another installer
- Windows Installer roadmap and documentation
- Installsite.org site dedicated to setup programs, primarly to InstallShield's
- Software Installers a long list of available setup tools [new:26-Mar-02]
- Plasmatech Installation Packager alternative for the above
Charting and Reporting Tools:
- QuickReports get the latest "beta".. ;-) [alternate site]
- SureFire Delphi Components QuickReports Exporter, Delphi IDE API, IDE Helper etc.
- Ace Reporter
- ReportPrinter Pro code-based Report Printer
- Report Builder (formerly Piparti, a visual-based Report Printer like QR (but fewer beta versions..)
- Crystal Reports
- CBSuite interesting printing tool
- EK RTF Reports create reports utilizing M$ Word (FW, no src)
- Marshal Report components Designing and printing tools with dot-matrix printers support [new:07-Jun-01]
- QrArtist QuickReports End-User Designer by André Mens
- QrDesign QuickReports End-User Designer by Timo Hartmann
- TeeChart great charting tool
- XL Report data reporting and analyzing utilizing M$ Excel [new:29-Apr-01]
- PDFZone PDF creation tools, information etc. [new:08-Feb-02]
- PowerPDF component set for easy PDF creation (GPL!) [new:08-Feb-02]
- FreePDF a free PDF printer driver that interfaces with Ghostscript [upd:08-Feb-02]
- PasPDF create Acrobat reader (.PDF) files with Delphi
- PDFlib free PDF generation library
- PDF Converter a PDF printer driver
- Zeon DocuCom PDF another PDF driver
Help file creation tools:
- Help & Manual creates Helpfiles and Manuals - a very useful tool, my absolute favourite!
- Help Writer for Delphi also a very good HLP-file creator
- Help Scribble another recommended HLP-file creator
- HelpMaker another help authoring tool
- RTFgen create help files from RTF docs
- v4.03 of HCRTF fixes a bug when using Help Workshop with Office 97's RTF files
- Help Breeze from Software Interphase
- eAuthor Help Authoring Tool from HyperAct
- Help Authoring where to go..
- HTML Help Kit by Robert Chandler
- M$ HTML-Workshop create HTML Helpfiles, supposed 2B the new standard..
- Help Decompiler
Database alternatives and related stuff:
- InterBase the great embedded database
- InterBase Development Initiative Open Source quality support
- Delphi - InterBase InterBase API components, FAQ etc.
- Dunstan Thomas InterBase Site components, FAQ etc.
- Marathon valuable InterBase tool
- SIBProvider Interbase OLE DB Driver (FWS) [new:12-Mar-01]
- BDE Alternatives Guide very helpful if you think about to "leave" the BDE...
- Advantage Database engine native support for dBase and ADT tables
- Vista Software the Apollo Database products
- Griffin Solutions Home of the Halcyon Database Engine
- BDE Server a BDE alternative based on MIDAS by Vladimir Gaitanoff
- ODAC direct Oracle access without requiring a local Oracle Client (!) [new:10-Apr-01]
- DOA direct Oracle access without requiring BDE or Delphi C/S
- PL/SQL Developer SQL/Oracle tool
- NCOCI8 free Delphi to Oracle8 direct access library
- Microolap Technologies Direct access to Sybase, MySQL, MsSQL etc. (Shareware) [upd:29-Apr-01]
- DBISAM another BDE replacement
- CodeBase database alternative for Delphi/Kylix [new:28-Aug-01]
- TaoADODataSet free ADO components
- OmniORB2 a free CORBA implementation
- TMySQL free components to access MySQL databases (based on LibMySQL.dll)
- MyODBC OCBC driver for MySQL [new:15-Feb-01]
- MySQL comps, Middleware and ADO comps (all free) by Vladimir Gaitanov [new:09-Jan-01]
- Deer-Soft free ADO comps for Delphi [new:28-Feb-01]
- MySQL stuff referencing the other links here and a few more tools
- Zeos Database Objects quick access to MySQL, PostgreSQL, InterBase SQL-servers without use of BDE/ODBC/ADO [here's the "father" of Zeos] [upd:21-Oct-02]
- Dbf2MySQL DBF to MySQL converter
- Database Manager converts DBF to XML and vice versa, DBF editor, structure printouts etc.
- see related tips
- Multilingual Resource String Patcher
- Borland Language Pack [dead?]
- Borland Translation Site [dead?]
- ZIP component comparison
- InfoZip include .ZIP-compression support in your programs
- DelZip a ZIP component suite (FWS)
- DelphiZLib Gzip, Gunzip, Adler32, Crc32, Tar component w/Src [new:06-Jan-01]
- Delphi Compression Components some SW, some FW
- InfoZip another ZIP component collection
- see also: related section at our Tips page.
- Windows ScreenSaver Programming Homepage by Lucian Wischik, one of the best Starting Points if you want to create Screensavers,
here's a German version of the FAQ provided above,
here's another HowTo by Jim Karabatsos,
the 4th HowTo is by Mark R. Johnson,
here's another list of links,
here's a german one,
and here are links to demo sources: ,
and finally: the Borland Screensaver (incl. Source)!
Other development tools:
- RX Library (1.71MB) belongs to the top add-on component libraries for Delphi.
Latest releases can be found at
SourceForge, there is also a
Delphi 7 port of the RXLib as well as a
But after all, RxLib is now a part of Delphi Jedi VCL (JVCL), a Delphi-JEDI project.
- JCL the JEDI Code Library - Open Source & FREE! (alternate link) [upd:27-Jul-02]
- JVCL JEDI-VCL 300+ components for Delphi - Open Source & FREE! [upd:27-Jul-02]
- AS-Pack shrinks your EXE/DLL/.. files - FREE for non-commercial use!
- UPX another EXE packer (FW) [upd:23-May-02]
- EXE Compressors review and comparison table [new:23-May-02]
- MemProof Memory checker and resource leak finder (free!)
a Win95 registry tool, even more powerful as the famous PowerToys - with full Delphi Source !!!
Look at our Download page if you only need the Delphi source - save about 650 KB download size!
- Snoop free Memory checker and resource leak finder [dead?]
- GPProfile a valuable, FREE Delphi Profiler!
- ProDelphi another profiler (feature-limited FW or SW)
- PasScript Object Pascal language interpretor (SW) [upd:02-Sep-01]
- Delphi Resource Tracking Tools - a comparison by Undu
- MultiEdit for Delphi
- Econos a Delphi debugging package
- Chami's Code Colorizer
- Proton code editor and source code printer
- DeLiFact IDE addon to ease coding (SW) [new:06-Jan-01]
- TraceLog Woric's free TraceLog-Utility
- Novell Developer Net Novell Netware Sources etc.
- ASP-Express helps in creating ASP components
- Access hardware ports under Win95 and WinNT
- Raptor useful IDE-Tool (caution: blows up your registry a lot)
- GExperts A "Must Have" collection of IDE-Tools, by Gerald Nunn & Erik Berry
- Component Bar Expert simulates the VS.net toolbar in Delphi - useful! [new:24-Jun-02]
- FreeVCS a free Version control system (classical type)
- GnuVCS a free Version control system (concurrent type) [new:01-Feb-01]
- Source Code Explorer for Delphi and TP
- CodeLens a Delphi/Object Pascal source analyzer [new:05-Sep-02]
- OpEdit another source code analyzer, also finds unused units [new:05-Sep-02]
- Stefan Hoffmeister's Add-On's cool Experts and components (IDE filedrop expert, Library Path editor and more)
- SourceCoder IDE expert which offers source code formatting etc.
- DelForExp another source code formatting expert. Free! [upd:27-Jan-02]
- ProjectBuilder checks for Unit dependencies (FW)
- WindSurfer GPL project: access Delphi forms from DLLs stored on a file/Internet server
- Informatics nice Freeware development tools, check it out!
- Novell Libraries for Delphi free developer kit
- XCL libraries "the smaller VCL replacement" (open source project)
- FileSync synchronizes directories with e.g., your sources
- Source-Grabber retrieves DFM's and procedure/function names [dead?]
- Delphi Decompiler another one which retrieves ..??? (couldn't get it to work..)
- DeDe analyzes a Delphi program EXE
- Specosoft direct port access (FW) [new:02-Sep-01]
- Resource-Grabber like the above, but extracts much more of PE and even NE files
- BeyondCompare compares DFM and PAS files
- ExamDiffPro compares folders and files
- Delphi reverse engineering article in our Anti-Cracking FAQ
- SynEdit a syntax highlighting editor component (O.Source)
Software testing (QA) Tools:
- Vermont Hightest
- Compuware QA
- Rational SQA Suite
- Princeton Relational Tools
- eXtreme Programming is an interesting site about the topic
- XTreme testing framework for Delphi
- UnitTest Framework a free class testing tool
Delphi application hosting services:
- Defined.net an ISP designed to meet the special needs of Delphi and C++ Builder developers (formerly known as "Delphihost.com") [upd:09-Jan-01]
- Signaldata Frank Cowan's Delphi app hosting - supports BDE, Asta, Java Servlets, JSP's, ASP, and IB
Free Pascal compilers for Unix[Linux], Win32, OS/2,..
- Free Pascal 32 bit Pascal compiler; compatible with BP7, available for different processors i386+ and 680x0) and operating systems (Linux, DOS, AmigaOS, OS/2, Win32)
- Free Pascal IDE IDE for the FPK Compiler
- GNU Pascal free 32 bit-compiler under GPC, runs on all operating systems supported by GNU C (incl. DOS, Win95/NT, OS/2, and most UNIX compatible systems)
- Virtual Pascal a free cross-plattform pascal compiler, compatible with BP and Delphi!
- Lazarus Project GPL Object Pascal RAD Development Tool for Linux
- Kylix Delphi for Linux: I doubt that it will be free, but find more news on this site by clicking the link
Delphi Fixups, Patches & Updates:
Wanna upgrade ?
- Delphi 3 updates, patch enhancements and fixes
- Delphi 4 updates, patch enhancements and fixes
- Delphi - Downloads main source for missing files, updates, patches etc.
- Delphi 3: missing units if the above link doesn't work, try this one
- Missing ISAPI/NSAPI Units from D3 Professional
- NetManage controls Support and Patches M$ Internet Control Pack, Newt etc.
- Delphi Client/Server & VCL source patches
- Delphi Desktop patches
- Delphi VCL source patches
- Delphi Object Pascal Language Reference Guide
- "General support files" for Delphi, directly from the Inprise FTP server
- Technical Publications for Delphi 4, directly from the Inprise FTP server
- Delphi 1.x / 2.x Bug List at DataWeb: Submit your bugs !
- Delphi 3 VCL string constants required for translating them
- Apollo Updates
- QuickReports Betas, Demos and Updates Suggestion: read the [Release notes]
- TeeChart updates of the free component contained in Delphi 4 (required to bring it to work together with QuickReports v3.0x)
- Delphi 4 Patches via FTP
- Delphi 5 Patches via FTP
- Delphi 5 Helpfile updates (hlpup_*.zip contains all files)
- Delphi Product Documentation Updates including QR3 help, Tutorials, etc.
- Delphi Patches, Fixes and updates (all versions)
- BDE, latest Update