Delphi WWW Sites
Delphi FTP sites
Delphi Tips, Tricks & Docs
Delphi Tools & Updates
Delphi Information resources
Delphi User Groups
Delphi Job Offers
Delphi Tips, Tricks,
Docs and FAQ's
You are crying "HELP!!!" - but where can you find it?
Jump directly to:
Keep cool - most of the questions and problems typically arising during a programmer's
working day have already been asked - and answered - long time ago. Not only that:
engaged people have collected all that stuff in FAQ's (collections of "Frequently
Asked Questions"), Online courses, Knowledge Bases and other forms of
just make use of it!
Docs and Infos
- Borland's Delphi Home Page
- Delphi White Papers many tips, highly recommended [upd:31-Jul-02]
- What's new in Delphi 5?
- Delphi Feature List the "complete" one.
- MIDAS, Multi-Tier etc. Inprise's related pages
- Borland CodeCentral code snippets, implementation examples and more (under dev.)
- Developer's Support Main Page a good starting point for unspecific problems
- Inprise's Technical Documents many tips and basics
- All TI's, downloadable as compiled HTML help file, indexed by category (~2 MB)
- Developer's Support Main Page a good starting point for unspecific problems
- Inprise's Delphi Developer Support Main Page Technical document, Tip-Files, etc.
- Inprise's BDE Support
- Inprise's Delphi Booklist Tip!
- Borland's Online Shop
- Fun with Delphi 4 learn the behaviour of Delphi 4
- How to build an Enterprise application using Delphi
- Register Delphi online (required to get the Raize Components for free)
- Inprise's Delphi Developer Support / Information Resources
- Inprise's Delphi Download support
- Inprise's Delphi Information Resources
- Delphi Developer's Conference 2001 June 18-19, 2001
- Software built with Delphi a list of popular Software which was built using Delphi
- Borland Pascal compilers in education for teachers and schools
- Delphi as an educational tool
- Why use Delphi Standard/Prof./Server? a 100 word description
- Einsatz von Borland-Produkten bei namhaften Firmen [germ.]
- Delphi Case Studies why and where Delphi pays
- Borland Products Case Studies search case studies for all Borland products
Delphi in comparison
- Why Delphi? why developers have decided for Delphi instead of other tools
- Delphi und Visual C++ (germ.) Delphi/VC++ comparison
- Delphi 5 vs Visual C++ 6
- Delphi 4 compared with Visual Basic 6
- Delphi 3 compared with Visual Basic 5
- Battle of the visual masters
- Delphi Leaves Visual Basic In the Dust...Again
- Delphi and VB Head to Head
- TechWeb: "Two paths to RAD" a VB/Delphi comparison
- How Delphi beats VB, PowerBuilder, C++
- Thirteen ways to loathe VB
- A Delphi / VB comparison ironically done by Charlie Calvert
- Moving from VB to Delphi a technical discussion
- VB to Delphi tips for VB leftovers
- Next Generation Windows Development
- Delphi compared to VB, C++ and PowerBuilder
- The Case of Delphi
- "Why I really like Delphi" by a former VB-nerd ;-)
- VB / Delphi comparison (germ.)
- Links to more product comparisons
- VB WWW survey results interesting survey about the use of VB
- Find more interesting articles about comparisons between Delphi and VB at the Delphi Box News page !
- Delphi. Reasons why. by Greg Lorriman
- The Case for Delphi what if your boss wants to join the MS slaves? ;)
- Borland vs. Micro$oft !
Inprise fights "Microsoft's concerted and systematic efforts to unfairly compete with Borland"
- Micro$oft Knowledge Base what M$ allows you to know.. ;-)
- Micro$oft Developer's Network Tools and Infos M$ allows you to use.. ;-)
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Search:
You know the number of a KB article but don't know how to get it ?
Just load ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/peropsys/WIN95/KB/Qxxx/x/xx.TXT or
send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' with the subject 'Qxxxxxx'.
Example: For Article #Q177784 load http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/7/84.asp .
- Windows 95 Resource Kit Helpfile useful infos about Win95 internals (2,2 MB!)
Alternative: find it on your Win95-CD !
- How to get the Windows Logo for your app (for at least $950,-)
- 99 Steps to WinHelp Guide for help file creation, HLP format (germ.)
- All about help files in Borland Delphi detailled instructions & coding examples
- Efficient 32bit-Programming under Delphi by Bob Swart
- Delphi and Assembler by Ian Hodger
- BDE Error Codes download an .EXE which will retrieve all BDE / EDBEngine Error codes
- BDE Support Page a site devoted to developers using the BDE [new:29-Apr-01]
- BDE Error Listing
(you should also be able to find it in the <Delphi>\Doc\DBE.INT file under your local installation of Delphi.)
- Borland JEDI initiative Pascal translation of C++ header files
(see also: Project JEDI group website,
JEDI's SourceFourge projects) [upd:09-Sep-02]
- Delphi API Library "Translation" of M$'s API header files (dead?)
- Open Tools API FAQ and undocumented Shell API functions by Gerald Nunn
- Shell Extensions
- Open Tools Information by Ray Lischner
- Delphi Shack Online-Hilfe und -Diskussionen (germ.)
- XapXone Delphi Tips and news
- Delphi articles interesting articles about various topics
How-to's, FAQ's, Delphi Knowledge Bases
Courses and Tutorials for Newbies
- Borland's Tech Corner tech stuff, Delphi basics, tips..
- Borland Delphi Quick Start Tutorial [new:26-Mar-01]
- Pascal Language Tutorial an excellent starting point for people new to Delphi and Pascal
- DelphiLand Delphi lessons, tips, sources,.. by Guido Festraets
- Frank's Delphi Lessons great Delphi course for Delphi newbies!
- Delphi 2 für Einsteiger Delphi2-Kurs für Beginner (germ.)
- Volkers-Page Delphi tutorial (germ.)
- Delphi-Treff Delphikurs für Anfänger (germ.)
- Delphi-Ecke Kurse und Beispiele für Anfänger (germ.) [new:16-Jan-02]
- Delphi and Pascal Programming Tutorial by T.K.Boyd [new:26-Mar-01]
- Bino's Delphi-Kurs mit VB/Delphi-Ve (germ.)
- Programmierforum im Web (Delphi,VB,C; germ.)
- Learn Delphi Online!
- Delphi-Ecke von Joachim Mohr tips and demo apps - nice for newbies
- Dark Skull Soft Tips and comps, useful esp. for VB converts.. (french)
- Dolphin for Delphi Delphi Tutor
- Delphi-Dolphin online version of the Dolphin tutorials [new:12-Mar-01]
- Delphi Home provides a great section full of Delphi and Pascal Tutorials!
- Pascal Introduction by Marco Cantù - great for newbies!
- Teach Yourself Delphi in 21 Days of SAMS publishing - a complete course ..online for free!
- Delphi for Clipperheads 4 articles by Dennis Arrazin
- Ed Duffe's Delphi Tutorial another Beginner's Course (under dev.)
- 3k Delphi Tips search 3000 Delphi Tips (you can also search it via our search form)
- Loz's Delphi Tutorial
- Marotz Delphi Delphi courses and trainings (not online)
- WebTech Delphi training (not online) [new:16-Feb-01]
- Delphi im Informatikunterricht (germ.)
- Babilon's Delphi Tutorial
- Delphi Programming Tutorial online
- Beginner's Delphi Corner resources and links
- Delphi for Beginners I
- Delphi for Beginners II as above [new:21-Jan-01]
- Learn Delphi in 21 days an online InformIT course
- Text Editor Tutorial learn using this example
- Classic Delphi many easy Delphi examples to learn from, great for newbies
- STWare VCL and Demos for Delphi interesting demo projects w/src.
- Alex's HowTo Projects learn from sample code and projects [new:26-Mar-01]
- Programmingtutorials.com Online Programming Tutorials
- Tutorial Times another meta tutorial collection
- Delphi Programmer's Lair tutorials and demo sources [new:02-Sep-01]
- Programs for Primary School tools for crosswords, tests, puzzles, etc. w/src (ital.) [new:02-Sep-01]
- Ahmosys learning Delphi by doing (french) - but bad site design, Netscape users can't see anything.. [new:02-Sep-01]
FAQ's, Knowledge Bases and Tip collections
- My personal Delphi Tips and Tricks for you
- Borland CodeCentral the central Tip database at the Borland website
- The Delphi Corner TIP! Brendan Delumpa offers not only a discussion forum and FAQ's here, but also personal support - look by!
- Common Delphi Questions and Answers by Borland - suggested!
- Peter Below's Code snippets vital code snippets by Peter Below (from TeamB; ZIP file ~0.5 MB)
- Düsseldorfer Delphi-Treff ("DDT Homepage") (germ.)
- Delphi Tips Database by Hannes Danzl - one of the biggest Tips databases available!
- Delphi Experts-Exchange Delphi programming questions awaiting answers (add yours!) :)
- Graham Mainwaring's Delphi FAQ
- Delphi Heritage Controls by Michael Tran: good comps, "HowTo's", Tutorials and more
- Delphi Knowledge Base ONLINE GREAT !! (realized with Borland IntraBuilder)
- KBCafe various tips and articles
- Unofficial Newsletter of Delphi Users valuable .HLP-Files and tips by Robert Vivrette
- Lloyd's Delphi Notes very valuable Tips & Tricks! [alternate link]
- Chami's Delphi Tips
- Delphi-L FAQ FAQ by the DELPHI-L Mailing list;
(Here's an alternate location for it.)
- Delphi-L archives Archives of DELPHI-L questions and answers
- Delphi-L archive search
- Delphi-L Component writer's FAQ FAQ by the DELPHI-L Mailing list
- Pascal Newsletter subscribe to receive a Delphi and Kylix tip daily [new:09-May-01]
- CodeBank free Coding and tips database by Robert Jones - Tip!
- CodeBank another Codebank named "Codebank".. (turk.) [new:06-Jan-01]
- CodeBase database alternative (
- Crystal-Soft offers a Delphi tips database [new:06-Jan-01]
- Component creation tips
- The Unofficial Delphi Developers FAQ ("UDDF") - recommended!
- RX Library Help #2 another RX help file by Pete Fraser
- RX Library help files Unofficial RX help files by Olivier Dahan
- DIR - Delphi Information Resource Knowledge Bases, Mailing lists, Patches etc.
- HappyArts Delphi FAQ german FAQ and some toolso
- de.comp.lang.pascal.delphi Newsgroup FAQ FAQ compiled by Peter Elzner (germ.)
- Programmieren mit Delphi FAQ by Peter J Haas (germ.)
- KaestnerPro Christian Kästner's Delphi-Tips and sources (germ.)
- Delphi FAQ de.comp.lang.delphi FAQ, maintained by Peter Elzner (germ.)
- Coder's Knowledge Base solutions to many programming problems: algorithms, code snippets,.. cool!
- Codeguru.com primarly C- and Java sources, but also of interest for Delphians
- Prof.Scheibl's Hausseite some interesting Delphi courses (germ.)
- Delphi Snippets a growing collection of Delphi coding examples, great for Delphi beginners
- Delphi FAQ BIG-sized Delphi-FAQ by Matts Anderson & friends
- Delphi FAQ Table of Contents like the above, links to even more FAQ's on the site
- Delphi Hardware FAQ by Alan Young, information on low-level hardware access in Delphi [dead?]
- The Frequently Asked Questions on Delphi Database issues by Eric Engler (ZIP/60k)
- CityZOO FAQ's many useful FAQ's, Bug-Lists etc. [outdated]
- Delphi FAQ by Ann Lynnworth a bit older..
- ISP for Delphi 2.01 FAQ installation tips etc. by Stefan Hoffmeister
- Delphi-News collection of Usenet articles by Norbert Hartkamp
- SWAG-Archives for Delphi and Pascal - recommended !
- Delphi WWW-Forum Big Discussion-Forum
- Delphi-Talk mailing list archive
- DDJ-Thread mailing list archive
- DDJ-Thread-DB mailing list archive
- Microsoft ActiveX SDK / Win32 Internet Programmer's Reference
- DAX FAQ's FAQ and sample codes about ActiveX Controls, by Conrard Herrmann (Ex-Borl)
- ActiveX Programming
- Delphi Knowledge Snippets by Peter Plass (.ZIP, 309k)
- Inprise's Delphi 3 Q&A Common Delphi and BDE Question and Answers
- Frank's Delphi Page offers a good tips collection and more
- Advanced Delphi Systems' Delphi Library many code snippets and tips
- Delphi Knowledge Base provided by Marko Tietz (collection of tips/code from the Delphi-Talk mailing list)
- DTopics Database [alternative link] provided by Mike Orriss, a collection of tips/code from CompuServe discussion forums
- DSP database, provided by Robert Czerwinski (information about over 2000 files placed on the Delphi Super Page)
- Delphi Super Recall Front-end browser to many Delphi tricks databases! By Michael Beck.
- D-TNT a code snippet database [new:25-Jun-01]
- Delphi Technical Papers infos about BDE, Data Import/Export and more by The Database Group/Bill Todd
- Alexander Staubo's Home Page some useful Delphi Header files, like for TAPI, MAPI, CAB, OpenGL and more
- Tribute To Delphi by Alex Fedorov, some good Code samples
- The Programmer's Source Links to Software tutorials, Software, FAQs..
- Developer's Help Database full text search a set of comprehensive databases consisting of NG's and archived list server msgs
- Ali Baba's Tips and Tricks Page
- Tips & Tricks helpfile by the Virtual Delphi User Group
- Martin Djernæs Delphi-Tips
- Freecode.com Free Programming Source Code
- Delphi Central Tutorials, Hints, Articles, Samples
- SR-Soft's Delphi FAQ (germ.)
- DelphiDevelopers.com great Tips and files section!
- DP&FL (Delphi Procedures and Functions) tips collection - many repeatedly asked questions there..
- SK Computer's Tips collection
- Object Orientated Skill Training ..and Delphi FAQ by Martin Brzezinka
- Lou's Delphi Tip of the Day
- Jon Scott's Delphi Page coding tips esp. for disk and file i/o
- Earl F. Glynn's Reference Library great tips about algorithms, Disk/File/Directory I/O, Math functions, Graphics stuff, printing, algorithms, image processing,..
- Denis' Delphi Wisdom some useful tips and demo src.
- Delphi Programming Source Code Web site useful source snippets and other stuff
- Domas Delphi Pages a Tips collection by Domas Savickas
- Thomas Schwobe's pages good tips and examples (germ.)
- Guzz Delphi Tips
- BuyPin Software Tips Delphi Tips
- The Stargate tips, links, docs (Interbase, Internet,..)
- EFaq 26 files with 1000+ questions and answers
- Delphi3000.com tips, tips, tips
- FAQs.org mostly Internet related, however..
- Howe FAQ for C++ Builder many tips useful for Delphi, though!
- Delphi Pool Delphi Tips & Tricks
- Trucomania a tip collection, optionally accessible via program
- Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics an excellent math resource
- EXEonline good snippets and articles - worth a dig
- Type Safe Programming by Richard A Morris
- The Delphi Pantheon a Code library, but you must "register"..
- DelphiTips.com another tips exchange
- DelphiForum.com another tips exchange
- Delphi-Forum.de german discussions [new:06-Jan-01]
- Delphi Forum 98 (czech)
- Merlin's Forge hundreds of tips on one page
- GP-Web a few tips
- Delphi-Treff a few FAQs (germ.)
- 500kb Tips almost 400 routines and sources by Richard Ebbs [new:02-Sep-01]
- Madrigal Tech Tips tips about scripting, web-based apps etc. [new:27-Jan-02]
- BeMat Delphi Tips tips and code snippets (also downloadable!) [new:27-Jan-01]
OOP (Object Orientated Programming) Links, COM/DCOM/OLE, CORBA,..
- Delphi Object Lessons [alternate site] Monthly technical journal published by Greg Lief
- OOP.com good faq section about OOP issues and more
- DelphiOOP a collection of OOP-related articles
- Collection of 14,000+ links about Object-Orientation a must see!
(and here's it's Austrian mirror!)
- OOP Critizism and OOP problems [new:25-Jun-01]
- COM User-Group (germ.)
- Delphi 3: OLE and COM by Marco Cantu
- COM Style Guide and other useful stuff about MSE (Microsoft Scripting engine) host, event links,.. (germ.)
- Using the MSE by DelphiZine.com
- OLE Structured Storage tutorial by Andre v.d.Merwe
- COM concepts and tutorials
- COMDelphi Community discussions and tips about COM programming
- Delphi Bits and Pieces about OLE automation with Word and Excel; by Graham Marshall
- Automation in Delphi, COM programming etc.
- CORBA FAQ
- About.com OLE links
- Automation with Delphi by Deborah Pate
- Outlook from Delphi automating Outlook
- Sending a QuickReport via Outlook on my "Personal Delphi FAQ" page
- Automating Word by Allan Harkness
- Techvanguards COM concepts, resources and tutorials
- DCOM,CORBA,Java-RMI a Step by Step Comparison by G.S.Raj
- a paper on OOP in Delphi by Project JEDI (ZIP file, 30k)
- COM papers by P. Angerer about (D)COM, OLE Automation, persistent comps, cached updates etc.
- MSdelphi.com many articles about SOAP, ADO, XML, COM,... with Delphi [new:25-Jun-01]
3rd Party FAQ's and Bug Lists
- QuickReports 2.x Buglist by BitSoft
- QuickReports 2.x Buglist by Timo Hartmann
- QuickReports 3.x Buglist by Paul Pritchard
- QuickReports Resource Leaks by Atanas Stoyanov
- QR 3.x preview bugfixes by Nathan Anderson
- Apollo Tips & Tricks by Syarzhuk Kazachehnka
- Procedure for reporting bugs
- Inprise Bug Reports
- The Delphi Bug Lists by Reinier Sterkenburg - for all Delphi versions!
- Delphi Bug List Offline Reader by Mike Niemann
- Object Pascal Style Guide the "official" guide by Borland
- Delphi Coding Standards by Steve Teixeira & Xavier Pacheco, authors of Delphi Developer's Guide
- Delphi Coding Standards the above document, including notes and additions by Stefan Hoffmeister
- Delphi and Pascal Coding Standards by the Orange County DUG
- Delphi Coding Standards by Artemis Alliance Inc.
- Java Coding Standards yes, not for Delphi, but nevertheless interesting
- Ambysoft Coding standards, OO design, ..
- The Structure of a Delphi Program by Charlie Calvert
- How To Write Unmaintainable Code
- I Have a Comment Ch.Calvert about proper coding techniques
- Construx Software dev checklists, program specs sheet templates etc.
- Windows Interface Standards which button images (glyphs) to use in menus etc.
- The Interface Hall of Shame ..but there's also an Interface Hall of Fame, of course.. ;-)
- Kudzu's Articles Black Box testing, database design, smart coding, action lists,..
- DelForExp a FW source code formatter [upd:27-Jan-02]
- DECAM an Open Source Project Delphi for Code Analysis and Manipulation
- Jake's Code Efficiency Challenge Delphi vs C++ ..
- Delphi Performance Page program optimization tips by Robert Lee - also read my own tips on my FAQ page if you like.
- Introduction to Design Patterns in Delphi
- The Delphi Object Model from the book "Delphi in a Nutshell", Chapter 2
- XProgramming "a humanistic discipline of software development"
- Extreme Programming
Going into details:
- Delphi and Microsoft Office: Automating Excel and Word a very informational paper by Inprise
- Three Questions About Each Bug You Find
- Zooming main forms under Win95 [DDJ]
- Zooming windows with Delphi
- Form display with different screen resolutions
- Embedded Forms a cool Delphi 5 feature
- DelphiArchive.ZIP ALL Technical Papers (TI) by Inprise in one single ZIP file!
- Displaying the correct border style for MDI parent windows [DDJ]
- Better borders for MDI windows [DDJ]
- Displaying a bitmap on the client area of an MDI parent form
- Delphi Frames a demonstration video [new:15-Jul-01]
- Delphi 5 Frames article by Ray Konopka [new:16-Jul-01]
- Simulate MDI without Multiple Document Interface overhead [DDJ]
- Using the DBIRegisterCallback Routine [DDJ]
- Advanced use of Threads [DDJ]
- Multithreading - the Delphi Way article by Martin Harvey
- Threading tutorial by N. Sklobovsky
- Threads another intro [new:05-Jan-01]
- EventID.net an event ID database containing 700+ event IDs and over 100 event sources (provided by different contributors) [new:21-Jul-01]
- Using ActionLists
- ActionLists for Pro's by Chad C. Hower
- Using ActionLists
- Formatting, editing, and printing string grids [DDJ]
- Using Windows 95 long filenames in command-line parameters [DDJ]
- Determine the last access time of a given file
- How to copy files in Delphi [Borl.]
- Using Windows' TAPI System
- dialing out through the modem under Win32 (Inprise Q&A)
- How to use TAPI (Inprise Q&A)
- How to use Resource Files storing virtually "everything" inside your EXE (Cursors, AVI's, Bitmaps, JPEGs, GIFs, MP3z,...) - from our Personal Delphi-FAQ
- Problems encountered by some Win9x Apps on NT
- How to "ensure" your Win95 App runs under NT
- How to write ScreenSavers (links to my "Delphi Tools" page)
- How to temporarily turn off Screensavers
- How to change a Delphi DLL into a Control Panel .CPL file Borland TI
- Creating Control Panel applets and other tips
- Control Panel Applets by Delphi Mag
- How-to: MandelBrot
- Transparent Bitmap Source
- Transparent Delphi App
- Colorizing a TDBGrid
- How to access Windows' display settings by Richard Sutcliffe
- TI3155: A better way to print a form and the use of DIBitmap (Inprise)
- TurboPower Developer Network with great support for Turbopower Products, even special newsgroups
- Internet Resources for Windows Developers resources for all languages and environments
- Wideman-One page useful tips and codes about COM programming, ADO, Access, Delphi I/O,..
- The TTreeView component a great documentation for the TTreeview component by Andre v.d.Merwe
- Dynamically loading packages you could use this feature to partition your applications (.ZIP/12kb, archive contains a demo by Inprise)
- programming NT Services great sources by Peter Sawatzki
- Tastaturkürzel im Delphi-Editor Delphi's Editor Key-Shortcuts, germ.
- Adding shortcuts to Desktop/StartMenu
- Importing & Exporting Data by Bill Todd [dead?]
- using Winpopup functions in your program by Martin Djernaes [dead?]
- CDPlayer.INI Q&A
- How to Read, Write, Print and Email in Greek interesting if you need to use Greek Fonts in your programs [here's an additional link]
- Delphi's "TApplication" description
- Windows Help Authoring online reference for Helpfile-creation
- RichEdit (.RTF) specifications by Micro$oft
- Yet Another Code Site great page by Robert Dunn, mainly dealing with the RichEdit control
- Wotsit's File Format Collection any file-format you want to know about
- MyFileFormats another good file formats resource
- Achim's file-format library
- Calling 16-bit code from 32-bit Windows "Thunking", explained by the Delphi Magazine
- Jargon explains some computer jargon
- File extensions check if "your" file extension is already "in use"
- TTF specifications
- TrueType Typography demo code and infos
- MSDN Library Online much useful stuff like online copies of M$ product's file formats
1) Under Member Area, click the Library Online tab.
2) Double-click Microsoft Office Development.
3) Double-click Office.
4) Double-click Microsoft Office 97 Binary File Formats.
5) Select the format you are interested in (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- High Performance Delphi optimization tips by Robert Lee (my "Personal Delphi FAQ" contains further tips if you are interested)
- Programming Optimization by Paul Hsieh
- Add Scripting to Your Apps Using the Microsoft Script Control
- Delphi Collections
- RegisterClass, building Add-In Packages and Patterns
- Keyboard remapping
- Sources of Numerical Analysis Code by M. Vaughan
- Setting the BDE Date Format
- Removing "Lock file has grown too large" error
- Program Optimization tips right here, in Richey's DELPHI-FAQ!
- utilizing Windows resources in your application read my "Personal FAQ" to find out how to store and load bitmaps, AVI clips, animated cursors, and virtually "everything" in your EXE/DLL files!
Data Encoding, Encryption, Compression
- Data compression popular compression libraries
- ZIP components a comparison of popular Delphi compression comps
- .CAB Cabinet file format documentation
- .CAB FAQ Cabinet FAQ by Microsoft
- LZW- and GIF-License information
- DelZip FW ZIP compression package for Delphi
- Why no GIFs why not to support the GIF format in your apps
- Burn all GIFs Campaign since Unisys is now demanding that.. (read details)
- Unit to convert a TBitmap canvas to a GIF file by Tom Hill
- TIFF Infos about the Tagged Image File Format
- Barcode reference library [dead?]
- Barcode Specification Source
- Encryption Standards Pascal source for DES, BlowFish, MD5, etc.
- PGP related links ..on my download page
- MPJ's North American Strong Cryptographic Software Archive
- The Blowfish Advanced Download Site crypt sources and apps
- TI2803: How to encrypt a String (Inprise)
- Ian Sparkes' Delphi Crypto Page a great collection
- How to create self-extracting EXE files good article by Andre v.d.Merwe
- Self Modifying Code with Delphi modifying your 'own' EXE file
- PlanetPDF a good PDF starting point
- PDFZone also a good PDF site
- PDF Converter
- PasPDF create Acrobat reader (.PDF) files with Delphi
- FreePDF Free PDF software
- how to read PDF files with Delphi [dead?]
- Creating PDF files with QuickReport
- Unicode stuff by Mike Lischke
- Cryptography links my Crypto Campaign Support page (germ.; check it though, many Delphi stuff there!)
- see also: related section at our Delphi-Tools page.
- Hot Game Programming Game Programming with DirectX and Delphi
- Ye Olde Delphi Game Developer for beginners
(generally: if you're looking for Game Developer Sites, please also check my area "Delphi WWW-Sites")
- turbo great site, dedicated to game development with Borland compilers
- Armaggedon Game Engine Page many tips about Game Programming and Armaggedon
- CIV Evolution a strategy game based on "Civilization" [new:25-Jan-02]
- Delphi Game Programming tutorials and more about game programming, DelphiX, Isometrics,..
- DelphiX Game Programming tutorials and demo apps [new:16-Feb-01]
- Frame animation with the TImageList class [DDJ]
- Mitchell James' Page OpenGL component with source!
- WorkSpace3D a new 3D interface using OpenGL [new:27-Jan-02]
- OpenGL courses and articles by SGI
- Red Book about OpenGL
- Alan Garny's OpenGL Page Open GL component and demos
- OpenGL tutorial for Delphi (germ.)
- MollyWares Delphi/OpenGL Tutorial
- Guide to OpenGL by Jon Q Jacobs
- Coders.de Glide, OpenGL resources
- Glut headers
- OpenGL great info and demos about opening OpenGL programs without Glut, including Zelda game project for Delphi and more! [upd:12-Apr-02]
- Glut DLL's
- Gruhn's Pages graphics programming, "transparent" programs etc.
- TGMPV2 Delphi 3D Components
- Web Game Developer's site
- Andre LaMothe's Xtreme Games LLC Web Site general game programming
- Textures how to create textures; by Bj.Ischo
- Ryan Jones's Programming Page great Pascal graphics programming demos [dead?]
- Eldermage Entertainment Inc. Doom-like 3D graphics engine for Delphi
- Coder's Heaven Source Codes, 3D-Graphics, Sound, AI
- efg's Computer Lab excellent Starting Point for graphics programming
- HarmWare Harm's 'magic' graphic projects
- The Delphi Graphics Homepage DirectX, OpenGL, 3Dfx, Glide3x.. (a Project JEDI site)
- DirectX for Delphi (germ.) [new:07-Jun-01]
- DirectX 7 download from M$
- The Graphics File format page helps if you need info
- Gary's Page some good graphics-related demo sources
- Delphi Games Creator Game-components, docs, Freeware comps,..
- Art Of Games Adventure Game Editor etc. mit Delphi (germ.) [new:27-Jan-02]
- GamesBasic creating HiSpeed Games with Delphi [new:27-Jan-02]
- The DirectX Developers Page [dead?]
- WinGames 98 by Giulio Ferrari, some Delphi games and comps with demo src.
- The Game Programming Mega Site not many examples in Delphi, but good starting point
- Delphi Games Programming [dead?]
- Hori Homepage Delphi DirectX Programming, MMXAsm etc.
- DelphiX Tutorial
- Neobrothers DelphiX and WDirect Samples and Tutorials
- Delphi-Treff DelphiX-Kurs für Anfänger (germ.)
- Delphi Game Programming much game programming stuff
- DGC for Delphi 3 another graphics lib
- MicroTower DelphiX,DirectX,..
- The DelphiX Webring connect to other related sites
- SpriteWorks Sprite based animation package for Delphi
- Moonbase game programming links collection
- Amit's Game Programming Information lots of platform independent articles about algorithms, AI and that sort of stuff
- Delphi 3DS Game Programming Page DelphiX, OpenGL,..
- 3D Engine List a list of 3D engines incl. a freeware DirectX engine for Delphi
- Delphi-3D Files Files of the Delphi 3D mailing list (see my area "Delphi Information resources"): DirectX, COM and more.
- Carlos Barbosa's DirectX files for Delphi DirectDraw and DirectSound classes for Delphi-3 (SW)
- Erik Unger's Delphi pages DirectX 5+6, OpenGL, 3DFX for Delphi and more!
- Delphi 3D Coders good Delphi/DirectX site
- 3D Delphi Tips and Tricks OpenGL, Glide, DirectX, 3Dfx..
- Sulaco OpenGL and graphics programming, WinAmp Plugins, ..amazing demo sources! [new:27-Jan-01]
- BuyPin Software some MP3-related stuff (including some well-hidden demo sources.. ;)
- ID3.org more MP3-related stuff
- XAudio.com SDK for MP3 access, also for Delphi
- MP3 Blade encoder
- Lau Web - Delphi Pages MP3, Fractals,.. [upd:18-Jun-01]
- DAPlay MP3 components
- MP3 'driver' utilizes WinAmp to play MP3's
- WinAMP SDK and another one.
- How to make WinAmp plugins plus some fine graphics programming tutorials
- Hauppauge/Technotrend WinTV DVBs API/SDK
- Example for Controlling VTPlus (ZIP file)
- IconEdit PC Magazine article including D2 source for creating, editing, scaling icons
- Rene Tschaggelar's page graphic problems, sequential processing,..
- Cynergy.com by Beau Albiston: Delphi 3D, GLScene, CR3D, Game programming
- GLScene an OpenGL Solution for Delphi
- ZeroDimensions OpenGL and Game Programming [new:27-Jan-02]
- LZW- and GIF-License information
- Why no GIFs why not to support the GIF format in your apps
- Burn all GIFs Campaign since Unisys is now demanding that.. (read details)
- PNG Portable Network Graphics Homepage (find sources on your Delphi CD!)
- PNG lib for Delphi by Edmund Hand
- PNGunit FWS by Jack Goman
- The Graphics File Format Page "dead", but some good info there
- SVF (Simple Vector Format) Specification
- flipCode Game Development News & Resources
- Fusion a full-featured MP3 Player, coded in Delphi! (OpenSource)
- Dream64 a Nintendo 64 emulator, coded in Delphi! (Open Source) [dead?]
- CMNES..and here's another one (also OS, using DirectX)
- Morfit a 3D engine
- Mike Lischke's pages graphics programming, GLScene, a good Treeview comp, 3DS,..
- Bomberman a popular Delphi-coded game w/src
- Colin Wilson's pages various Multimedia components & units
- Earl's Multimedia page a multimedia programming link collection
- IDPTK Package develop DirectX-based games for playing over the Internet
- Graphicspapers.com great articles dealing with graphics programming
- Borland's Flame Programming Contest great snippets to learn from..
- Delphi Graphics Home useful graphics units and demo sources
- Delphi Page Renate Schaaf an extremely cool graph/maths app dev page
- MGCsoft "Where Graphics Meets Mathematics"
- Delphi64 Game technologies
- Magic Software graphics algorithms etc.
- Graphics Gems algorithms and articles
- BinaryMagic CDROM burning comps (Shareware) [new:27-Jan-02]
Internet / Network Programming
- CGI specifications
- WINCGI specifications
- CGI-Win A practical approach for remote access Database by Michael Tran
- CGI with Delphi a tutorial
- Web programming in Delphi CGI, Win-CGI, ISAPI by Bryan Valencia
- ISAPI specifications
- Where can I find documentation on the Wininet API?
- POP3/MIME/SMTP FAQ
- WinSock FAQ
- Embedding IE4 in your app by Johannes Leckebusch
- Embedding IE4 in your app by Ron Loewy, Delphi Informant article sample code
- IE & Delphi tips and comps for IE integration into Delphi programs, by Per Larsen
- viewing/accessing HTML with Delphi by Jim Tharpe
- Web Server apps with Delphi
- The Delphi Stop web programming stuff and tutorials
- Documentation of M$'s ISAPI Webbrowsing component
- Delphi and the Internet Charlie Calvert great introduction to ISAPI etc.
- ISAPI mailing list archive
- Acadia's "Writing ISAPI Apps with Delphi"
- ICS an great Internet programming package by Francois Piette (works async.) [alt.] [upd:07-Nov-02]
- Indy aka WinShoes, another FW Internet programming package (works sync.)
- AsyncPro support example programs for AsyncPro
- Newsreader Programming Tips and Guidelines collected by TDAG
- Internet Programming links to popular libraries and sites
- WDDX Web Distributed Data Exchange
- UML reference
- XML a large list of links to XML-related pages here, in Richey's PHP-BOX
- Advanced Web Broker Techniques
- Parsing the web 3 classes for grabbing HTML/XML information (Delphizine)
- Web/Network sniffer named IngusSniffer
- Dirk's pages cool networking sources, sniffers etc. [new:05-Jan-01]
- How to find out IP, Network card ID, ... with Delphi
- Delphi LAN Manager for NT by Colin Wilson
- HTTP uploading [dead?]
- WAP! Delphi Does Wireless
- Writing a Web Robot in Delphi
- ChatBuddy a project demonstrating how to encrypt chat sessions (w/src)
- Delphi Internet Pages MIDAS, ISAPI examples
- Delphi and ASP by Delphi Informant
- ASP programming
- Extended MAPI in Delphi
- MS Exchange Programming
SQL, Interbase, ADO,..
- MER Systems a great Interbase site
- Database Talk interesting page if you are considering or using Interbase (conversion issues, comparisons between SQL databases, security, optimization tips,..
- SQL introduction from "Frank's Delphi Lessons" (see above)
- devWire Informations concerning ASP, WinCE, SQL
- SQL Tutorial by James Hoffman - tip!
- Yahoo SQL Club
- Deutsche Interbase Usergroup Interbase FAQ's, tools, links (germ.)
- Delphi.Urusoft Internet and Interbase tips
- Oracle FAQ Oracle Underground FAQ
- Using ADO in a Delphi application
- Phonetic database searches ("Soundex")
- Soundex encoding Delphi Informant article
- L'algorithme du Soundex (french)
- see related tools
Humor, Stories, Myths, Rumors, Images, Persons and some "Background information"
Publishing your software
Please send e-mail if any links are out of date or if you have suggestions!